Are you a professionally trained actor? Are you passionate about running workshops for adults? Do you want to work with an established arts organisation?
act up was established in 1999 by Gemma Lloyd. We run acting, voice, corporate workshops, masterclasses and produce films and theatre. To celebrate our 21st anniversary we are offering acting and voice courses for the community in South London where act up started back in 1999.
We currently have brilliant actors that run our acting, voice and corporate workshops. We would like to expand our pool of workshop leaders and meet new actors who would be interested in being part of act up’s teaching community. The role will involve running acting courses in South London starting from April 2020.
- Five years or more professional acting experience
- An interest in working with adults who have no previous acting experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to keep the workshop participants engaged
- A passion for sharing your skills
- Availability and commitment to running a six week course
- Ability and confidence to run the course solo
- Self-employed status
- Running workshops for adults
- Previous teaching or coaching experience
- South London-based
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role, what skills and experience you can bring to act up. Please include a link to your Spotlight page.
The role is paid at currently £25 an hour and may potentially lead to further workshop teaching with act up. The closing date for applications is 1st March 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you!